Danascott Ride Complex

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Not very observant...

Three days ago I finally noticed something that had probably been there since...well, possibly a week earlier.

And this something should have been obvious: a fair portion of the as-yet-unbuild Linden Road had been 'flooded', effectively joining my land on both sides of the road. The west side has my ocean access, and I had (when I first acquired it) made channels of that lovely Real Water come up around the buildings I have there. The east side has the waterfall-with-stream I made from prims; it ends up in a pond that is mostly prims, but that has the trickle of Real Water at the bottom, that I was able to get by lowering the land as far as it would go.

I'd lavished a certain amount of care on all this (and had gotten a compliment from another sim resident, which was very nice to receive).

So I'd kind of like to believe this scenario: when a Linden responded to my August 20 Abuse Report about the ad-farm-extorter (which is detailed in another entry of this blog), that person saw the water-on-both-sides-of-the-road set-up, noted that these installations were owned by one Resident, and so decided to put a sort of stamp of approval on the whole thing by extending the Real Water across the Road. (By lowering that bit of land, of course.)

Of course this might not be what happened. Or it might have happened, but not for the reason I'm imagining.

It might be some....I don't know, random act of kindness?

In any case, I was quite happy when I saw it. I mean, I know I can't count on it staying that way---when they finally get around to building the Linden Road in that sim, they certainly won't leave the road flooded that way.

But for now it looks cool---the people who designed the water in Second Life have a lot to be proud of, as it is gorgeous---and I really enjoy it. (Plus, surprises are fun!)

No comments: