Danascott Ride Complex

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Too Much Message-Boarding

I guess I should think about why I've wanted to be on the Forums a lot in the past few days, and deal with it. I mean, I was brought there by my search for information on various practical topics. (And I'm grateful for the help I've gotten.)

But yesterday I got into a thread about depictions of 'sexual age-play'---the OP was in favor. And several others (well, ostensibly they are several others---they could all be the same person, using alt accounts!) have chimed in to support this position.

Personally I think LL did the only right thing, in banning it. It was bad for business, as well as being ethically very, very icky (yes, even if everyone involved is an adult).

So the thread's point is actually moot. The OP is just scolding LL for having taken the action they did.

Anyway, the better path would probably have been to just read and not post, since getting into a position of disagreement with some posters was inevitable.

But, what the heck. I do hold the opinion that this practice is morally unattractive, and might as well say so. (Those who support the practice would hardly be shocked at learning that some people disagree with them!)

No comments: