Danascott Ride Complex

Friday, August 15, 2008

How Quickly Addiction Takes Hold; Ad Farm

I had to be away from computers (except for a couple of minutes here and there) for two days, and naturally had no Second Life. I certainly wasn't thinking about it every moment, but I did miss it: it's become a relaxing part of my daily routine that I really enjoy.

On my return I had the little 'up' that comes from seeing another piece of property has sold---that was nice.

I'm still trying to find my way with the wisdom--or lack of same--of having gone up to full-sim tier level. It could all pay off (in the sense of financing my tier, even if not of making an actual profit). But clearly I have a lot to learn.

I did file my first Abuse Report---some property adjoining mine has been sold yet again, this time being carved up into some 16m parcels and some slightly larger others. The 16m parcels are set at about L$62/square meter. Clearly that would be Ad Farm Exploitation if big ol' revolving neon signs are put up...so I may have jumped the gun in reporting, since they weren't up when I made the report. (I guess I was just shocked.)

I did make clear that it's an exploitative price, but that no nuisance is yet in place (though it may be by the time I go back in---the person might just have subdivided the land and just not yet had time to put up any nuisance objects. Well, we shall see.)

Anyway, it's all interesting. The human drive to profit can take some rather unethical forms, without a doubt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What kind of person does this sort of extortion, anyway? How do they justify it?