Danascott Ride Complex

Saturday, July 26, 2008

"F" is No Longer for "Fly"....

...and that is annoying. I'd gotten used to just hitting the F key to lift off.

I suppose if I hunt around I can find that you can still fly by hitting some key plus the F key. But it was nice when it was just the F key.

(I wonder, when they [Second Life computer engineers or any other computer engineers] are 'improving' their software, do they say 'what can we do to aggravate people'? I mean, SURELY not. .....But it sure does seem that way, sometimes.)

((No doubt the removal of the 'touch F to Fly!' functionality was absolutely necessary in order to provide some other, much more wonderful functionality......))

........

Okay, on a less cynical note: night before last I decided to take advantage of the large number of spacious unsold parcels near me and try out some more of my freebie vehicles. When I'd tried some out on the Linden road, I'd lost them.

The thing is, I'm not a gamer. So the skills necessary to operate these various vehicles are NOT second nature to me. I need a lot of space to practice in.

I guess I drove around in three or so vehicles for about an hour....lots of fun, and my brain WAS trained, to some extent, on how to drive a virtual car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really annoying (the loss of just hitting the F key to fly).

Progress!