Danascott Ride Complex

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lacking the Discipline

...to blog.

This morning before work I decided to look at land prices through Search, in-world. I hadn't done that since 2 1/2 weeks before, when I'd first bought land after three or four days of intensive research (or as intensive as my work schedule permitted).

The prices are going down, still, it would appear. Which makes perfect sense, given the number of new sims being created.

So my eye was caught by a "coastal + oceanview" for L$4.1/sq.meter. That turned out to be false about the parcel. (I gather it's not uncommon to advertise a parcel with terminology that's not true for that parcel, but only for other, possibly quite far-away parts of the sim.)

But I suppose these deceptive ads serve the good purpose of getting people thinking of buy land to teleport over. If that parcel is annoyingly unlike its description, at least there will be other parcels nearby worth consideration.

And so it proved today.

A very long 4080--with more than just the 16 cut out for the Linden road-space bordering on the east--was irresistable at L$15.30/sq.m., since its northern 32 meter width is on a coast. (with Protected land just north.)

So for a bit more than $200 (a lot for me--I just have to give up other things) I have waterfront to play with, and plenty of land to rez all the freebies I'd gotten on my first visit to YadNi's Junkyard last night, and to make and work on buildings, vehicles, and whatever else grabs my interest.

Sure, the value of a parcel with 32 meters of waterfront will drop over the coming months.

But, I didn't want to wait six or eight months for the price of waterfront to drop substantially (my crystal ball may well be faulty, of course, but that's what I'm now assuming will be the case).

So.....back to terraforming....yippee!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: