Danascott Ride Complex

Sunday, June 29, 2008

First Look at SL5B

Last night, I finally felt ready to go check out the SL5B sims (an 'island' of connected sims, located approximately between the 'original continents' and the 'newer continents'. Probably there are Official names for those places, but I don't yet know what they are.) I'd gotten my Inventory below 6,000 items---not that I know this is any Magic Number, but...somehow I get the feeling that smaller Inventories are to be desired.

I was kind of surprised that Search didn't really make clear where to go. Inputting "SL5B" in Popular Places yielded only the usual sex-bed shops and such. My notes aren't clear, but I think it was through "Places" that I finally found a link to the "SL5B Birthday" sim.

Teleporting there, I was somewhat confused by the ambient sound seeming to describe a football game.....must have been some memorable moment in Second Life, I guess, but I couldn't figure it out. I was near the Time Capsule, and thought about putting one of my sculptures in there (and I still may, as supposedly there's another full week for this thing to run.)

I walked up the stairs to what looked like a big safe....a visual to represent what the Time Capsule will be, I suppose. I then walked out and started looking around.

I didn't try flying last night. I wonder, now, if flying is disabled (I'll try when I log on, tonight). I would guess that Linden Lab is concerned about vandalism, and so they may not permit people to fly...we'll see.

I probably examined about 30 or so exhibits carefully. I figure I have 7 nights or so to look over the sims, so I decided to avoid skimming through.

On the whole, what I saw seemed about 5% interesting, and 95% pedestrian. But that might just have been luck of the draw. Or, on the other hand, 95% of SL5B exhibits might genuinely be of the 'paintings of busty chicks on black velvet' level of originality and sophistication!

We shall see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably only people who don't have to go to work can see all the stuff on those 5B sims.