Danascott Ride Complex

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Animalnapping

This is so weird that I can't help wondering if someone is amusing themselves. But I suppose it's more likely to be some side-effect of the DMCA infringements crack-down that took place yesterday:

When I logged in last night, all seemed normal. Though I'm striving to have all content on my parcel be something I've created, I'm not there yet (and won't be for months). Of the three dozen or so items created by other residents on my land, there were four animals.

Well, after making a new version of my 9-Prim House, I wanted to make a snapshot with both the original and new houses. On the original, I have two cranes on one of the decks---white freebie cranes that I'd tinted blue-gray (to look like Great Blue Herons)---they look great against the white stucco.

They were gone! I looked around, and the other three types of animals were gone, too.

Now, contrary to what I'd read in Reuters about the day's DMCA action, the four animals were still in my Inventory---so I could see that they were all Full Permissions. And all were made by different creators.

It seemed beyond belief that this DMCA action would hit just animals.

I thought: well, maybe someone who has a strong personal belief that Animals Should Not Be Depicted in Second Life, is using the announced DMCA action day as a time to take away people's animals, under cover.....

And maybe that WAS it.

But when I logged in tonight, not only were all the animals back where I'd left them, but another copy of each was sitting in a pile on the ground, next to my original house.

WEIRD!!!

No comments: