Danascott Ride Complex

Monday, September 8, 2008

Undersea House

Last night I indulged myself in the fun of building, and made a two-room house for underwater use.

Underwater...mainly because it has circular rooms, which I guess I identify with sci-fi depictions (such as SeaLab 2020 and even other less-cheesy shows), and because the roofs over the rooms glow a bit (I didn't use Glow, which I know can be hard on people with older graphics cards---but the texture-and-color IS very visible through a few feet of Linden water).

I DO need to finally learn something I've been meaning to learn for weeks--how to make sliding doors. I'm sure that anyone living in an undersea house is going to want to be able to shut out any passing sharks and whatnot.... (^_^)

Anyway, I have quite a few water parcels up for sale. Potential buyers may not have thought of the possibility of having a pad-and-tiki-hut-and-palm-trees above, AND a house underneath, lodged in the 'oceanfloor'. But having a few up, as examples, might generate some ideas in those who come to see the parcels....

No comments: