Danascott Ride Complex

Friday, September 5, 2008

Classified Conumdrum

I've bought, if I remember correctly, two Classified ads prior to the one I bought today.

One was for parcels in a sim, all of which sold out over about 4 weeks.

The other was for parcels in a sim, NONE of which have sold---or had any traffic to speak of---in the period dating from the purchase of the ad.

Which may very well go to show that I need to improve my Classified-writing skills (KEYWORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or that I paid too little for the ad or that it just happened to be a week, this summer, in which not a lot of folks were looking over the Classifieds.

Anyways, today I invested L$1200 (!!!!.....in the neighborhood of five bucks, US$) in an ad for the parcels I bought day before yesterday. These would be the ones for which I paid L$10.70/m or so. (Yikes!)

But these parcels are somewhat rare: at the edge of a continent. So that the buyer would NOT be dependent on the kindness of strangers, but could reasonably expect clear, unobstructed vistas, for as long as SL may endure. Which is surely a few months longer ((KIDDING, I kid! Could be MANY months longer!...........................of course I, and many others, ardently hope that it will be for Years longer.)

So, hence, therefore: the expenditure of around five bucks, US, to advertise said parcels, in all their rarity.

We shall see if that was a smart or foolish purchase......

No comments: