Danascott Ride Complex

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Parcel-Making, and Lost Inventory

Yesterday I moved ahead in tier again.

Now, before a certain development today, I'd have said this was a gamble worth taking. After all, if I'm willing to work hard at carving up large parcels into saleable sizes (meaning, generally, sizes that are right at the Tier-Limit amounts), and am willing to make less than one Linden Dollar of profit per square meter---then, if I put enough time in, then in any given month I'd make up for the extra tier I'm paying, as well as, possibly, make a smallish profit.

But of course this depends on a steady supply of land that I can buy for at least fifty Linden cents-per-square-meter LESS than I can sell it for.

There was a bit of an orgy of US Dollar parcels up for sale in the past few days. I will admit that this influenced me. Today--none in the offing.

More disturbingly: to buy a parcel today, yet stay under my new, larger tier limit, I needed to sell a bit under 2000 square meters quickly.

Always before, when I dropped the price of land below a certain per-square-meter figure, it would sell instantly (to bots, of course).

But the bots have apparently been reprogrammed. Supply is too large and demand too small for their old 'buy anything at this price' figure. The new figure will be a smaller number.

So...anyway. Since I did take the plunge, and have to cover that tier, I'll have to buy anything and everything that might make me as little as a quarter of a Linden Dollar per square meter.

Luckily I enjoy the process of carving up a big piece of land into saleable chunks. Doing it on dry land has become fast and routine. Doing it in deep water is somewhat more challenging, as I can't see what I'm doing as a whole---just the bit that Camera can show me.

The worst is shallow water, though. Then, I'm always fighting the Camera.

Still, it's interesting. And it's work that I have to commit to until my next tier payment, at least (when I could go down in tier if the market keeps going downhill)..

With all this flurry of activity, I haven't gotten around to working on my Inventory....but it would appear that either a Glitch or some other agency has gotten around to it for me---when I looked today, it was over one thousand items down!

I didn't even have time to see what was missing....hope it's something I can easily replace.

No comments: