Danascott Ride Complex

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Network Red Button on the Lag Meter!!!

So I didn't get much done in the short session I had today. (Long workday today and for the next couple of days.)

I did get green leather cuffs made for the green leather workgloves I want to wear for a while (torus, shrunk and hollowed and Textured and tinted). And I got the redwood pontoon boat done...but it wasn't moving as it did back when it was the Library Kart 1.0. Which could be something to do with the Network Lag, or could be that when I changed the shape of the root prim---the one that has the Kart script in it---I did something that altered the script, so that the boat won't function.

I'll check that tomorrow.

I did come to the educated guess that since the 'water' I'll be able to make is actually plywood with a water texture and movement script added, it would make more sense to work with a wheeled-vehicle script than with a boat script.

Or at least I think that the 'actual water' in Linden-created seas (and in the inlets and lakes that terraforming creates) has different properties for vehicles than does the plywood-with-water-texture-and-movement-scripts. That would be logical.

But to find out for certain, and to get an answer to my storage prim problem (I STILL can't drag an Inventory item that has the box icon into a rezzed prim....aaarrggghh!!!)----I think I need to find an in-world class in which I can ask questions. Because the books aren't specific enough, and I haven't been able to successfully search answers on ye olde Internet.

So: tomorrow is another day.

No comments: