Danascott Ride Complex

Thursday, May 29, 2008

AARGGHH!!! No Internet Access! +HOORAY!!

As mentioned, I've had a busy work schedule this week. Still, I had carved out a few minutes this morning to write about last night's Second Life session.

But....NO INTERNET ACCESS!!!

It would be a topic for a different blog, as to whether Internet service providers are increasingly likely to boot their paying customers off the network, and/or not permit them to log onto the network, so as to save on the costs of providing sufficient access to service.....their paying customers.

Obviously, if you can get people to pay for something that you aren't investing enough to actually provide, that's a good short-term business plan. All that revenue coming in, and not all that expenditure going out!

Which sort of brings me to Second Life, and the copious documentation of the position "they take your money but they don't provide the service."

So far, though I have had some minor problems that I think they could address at little or no cost, I haven't encountered the difficulties that many attribute to LL's alleged money-grubbing ways. Which is not a brown-nosing tribute to LL, but more of an acknowledgement that I haven't been around enough to really know the merits and demerits of the argument.

But that will change with time.

In the meantime: 1) HUZZAH, I finally got on the official Forums!!!! and 2) DOUBLEHUZZAH, I found therein a hint that allowed me to move those box-icon-ed items in my Inventory into storage prims! (So naturally I went forth and acquired more freebies!)

(more anon, if I can still get onto the Internet.....)

No comments: