Danascott Ride Complex

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Shamelessness

The other day I got an IM, inworld, asking if I'd drop my price for a large parcel (above 18,000m).

I replied that I'd just dropped the price the night before, and would give it a try at that price (or give them a try--it's divided into several smaller parcels) for a few weeks. Which has the virtue of being the literal truth, on all counts.

So in a while the person sent me a second IM, telling me that the reason they wanted my parcel was that the sim just to the north---a Protected ocean sim---had a name that was the same as a deceased person they'd been close to.

...........................Gosh, well, in that case, of course I'll sell it to you below my cost!!!!

...

Of course my response was 'I'm sorry for your loss', but-----no price drop.

Because: THERE ARE SEVERAL PARCELS UP FOR SALE THAT ADJOIN THE PROTECTED SIM IN QUESTION.

So, no: it's not the case that *sob* the only way this person could honor the deceased would be *sob* if they could buy my parcel.

Honestly.

...

I gather, from song and story, that people who do this sort of thing have no qualms of conscience whatsoever---if you can fleece the rubes, you've WON WON WON!!! That's the way they think.

May their karma come upon them!

No comments: